Chapel Downs Primary School is governed by an enrolment scheme, which consists of a home zone and procedures for enrolling out-of-zone students.
Enrolment Packs are available from the School Office.
Click here to download an Enrolment Form.
Students living in the home zone are entitled to enrol. This would include parents looking for an Ormiston primary school and an east tamaki school. Enrolment forms for all students are available from the school office or can be downloaded. Parents of students who live within the home zone should apply, to assist the school to plan appropriately for the following year.
Out of zone students
The Board has determined that 20 places are likely to be available for out of zone students next year. Applications from out of zone students will be processed in priority order and details of this are contained in the enrolment scheme, which is available for inspection at the school office. If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot.
To enrol at Chapel Downs Primary, you must provide the following details:
- A completed enrolment pack. This includes an enrolment form, health record form and dental service enrolment form .
- Either proof of where you live [your address] e.g. Power account, lease, tenancy agreement,telephone account.
- Or if living with another family, we need a letter from the family and an official document addressed to you at the family's address.
- Verification of your child's date of birth.
- Verification of your child's residency if applicable e.g. passport.
- Any custody issues
- Completed immunisation form (available from your family doctor) if entering school as a five year old.
If everything is correct, please follow these steps:
1. Complete the child's enrolment form
2. Complete the health record form
3. Complete the dental service enrolment form and return all forms to the school.
4. Make an appointment to purchase the school uniform and school stationery. Appointments are made on request each afternoon from
1.00 – 2.45 pm and payment is made at this time.
EFTPOS facilities are available.
When all the above enrolment procedures have been completed, your child will be enrolled on the next school day [except Fridays].
Parents are expected to accompany their child on their first day at school.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Click on image to get full view of our school zone which is inside the yellow shaded area.
Chapel Downs has an enrolment scheme and the Home Zone borders Murphys Road, Redoubt Road, Aspiring Avenue, Te Irirangi Drive and Ormiston Road.